Indian superstar Sachin Tendulkar believes his record innings can be surpassed after he became the first player to hit a double hundred in a one-day international.
Tendulkar hit 200 not out as India beat South Africa by 153 runs in Gwalior, scoring his runs off just 147 deliveries after opening the innings with Virender Sehwag.
The previous record for the highest individual score in a ODI was 194, a mark jointly held by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar and Zimbabwe's Charles Coventry.
Tendulkar was on 199no heading into the 50th over of Wednesday's match, and reached his landmark with a single off Charl Langeveldt, deliberately allowing the big-hitting Mahendra Singh Dhoni to dominate the strike.
"I knew I would get my chance in the over," Tendulkar said. "I will remember this innings. But I will not compare it with my other efforts.
"Each innings is different, the circumstances are different. No record is unbreakable. But I would be happy if an Indian breaks my record."
He stressed: "I do not play for records. I enjoy my cricket and I play with passion. I have done this for 20 years."
The 36-year-old claimed it was not until he was 25 runs short he felt a double hundred was possible.
"I thought about the 200 mark for the first time when I was probably 175-plus and only 42 overs had been bowled," he said.
"I felt I had a chance, but I didn't think of it seriously until I got really close. Only then I thought there was an opportunity to be had.
"I thought I could take the singles and give Dhoni the strike, because he was striking the ball very well."
Tendulkar already has a world record 13,447 runs in Test cricket and has compiled the most centuries in Tests. No-one has scored more runs in ODIs than Tendulkar, who indicated after Wednesday's exploits he had no plans of retiring any time soon.
"I'm enjoying my cricket and I'm playing the way I want to play," he said.
"I've done whatever I thought was best for the team.
"I have made a few bad decisions as a batsman, but I think as long as I know in my heart that what I think is right for the team, I'm going to do just that."